Rayon Threads Myths & Facts


I was told by a friend that she does not like Rayon threads because they are not colorfast. I was amazed at this statement as it is totally untrue. I asked her politely where did she learn that Rayon discolors easily. She said that one vendor has that written on their web site. I went to that threads manufacturer and I found out an article that talks bad about Rayon threads. I then noticed that they do not manufacture Rayon threads which explains it!

Now from my experience with Rayon threads they are colorfast, very inexpensive, soft and comfortable, no static issues and is washable.

The only disadvantages of Rayon threads that the thread becomes weaker when wet and is heat sensitive.

Rayon threads are fade resistant so no matter how many times you wash the embroidery or garment, the colors are always as good as new. Also garments made with Rayon threads are more breathable and more comfortable to wear. Rayon is very soft on your skin also.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog